1. David Bruns guest posts at Writer Unboxed. He gives 6 Writing Techniques he learned at Storymasters, which was taught by Chris Vogler, James Scott Bell, and Donald Maas.
2. I like to keep updated on religious freedom issues. One of my go-to organizations is The Family Research Council. In a recent email, they reported on infringements to religious liberty ranging from the military to a little girl being told she couldn't mention God or scripture in her homework because of government policy.
3. Edie Melson, at The Write Conversation, talks about the top blogging mistakes made by authors. I think this has value whether you're an author or not.
4. The title of this post intrigued me, and although it was long, I finished the whole thing. We all know book covers can make or break our masterpieces. Check out this story at Working Writers and Bloggers, by Nicolette Pierce.
5. Jean Fischer, at Something to Write Home About, shares how a potato launched her writing career.
Writers: How did you discover you were a writer?
Readers: Do book covers influence your buying decisions? Please share.
Photo Credit: Krappweis