At the end of this post, see how you can win a copy of, "The Begotten."
What do a wealthy woman, a priest, a knight, and a child have in common? They're part of, "The Gifted." They share a 5,000 year old secret, and it's time for it to be exposed. The church wants to keep it under wraps, while evil people want to subvert and use it.
This suspenseful tale, set in Italy during 1339, kept my heart in my mouth. Who would triumph? How could a small band overcome the powerful forces seeking to destroy them?
If you like medieval historicals and speculative fiction, you'll love Lisa T. Bergren's book, "The Begotten." Well-written, knock-your-socks-off settings, and a story you won't soon forget make this book a winner.
To win a copy of, "The Begotten:"
1) Leave a comment in the spam-busting format: susanjreinhardt (at) gmail (dot) com. Sorry - no email address in your comment, no entry.
2) Become a Follower or let me know you're a Follower, and you get an extra entry.
3) Post the contest on your blog, send me an email with the link, and get another entry.
4) Deadline: Monday, 5/17/10, at midnight. The winner will be emailed and announced on the blog on Tues., 5/18/10.
5) Eligibility: U.S. residents only. Void where prohibited by law. The winner takes all responsibility for their eligibility.
Disclaimer: I have not received any payment for this review. The book was won in a blog giveaway, and I'm sharing it in celebration of my 2nd Blogoversary.