Friday, May 27, 2016
Action Scenes/Sequelphobia/Headlines/Pray/Jessica Nelson Cover
1. Jessie Rita Hoffman guest posts at Writer Unboxed. Writing an action scene can make or break a novel. She gives some excellent instruction on how to make your scene effective.
2. Barbara Hartzler guest posted at Elaine Stock's blog a few weeks ago. The title grabbed me: Do You Suffer From Sequelphobia? Every writer who has a successful first book wonders whether or not they can do it again.
3. Christian Headlines presented an article on the targeting of Christian colleges for their gender views. When are we going to stand up to the bullies, who want to take our religious freedoms away?
4. Canadian blogger, Lynn Simpson, posts on the devastating fires in her region. She comes to the conclusion there are no words to express what's happening. Only pray.
5. Readers - Watch for the release of Jessica Nelson's novel, "A Hasty Betrothal," coming out in August 2016. I've read a couple of her books, and they're wonderful stories.
Writers: What problems do you run into when writing action scenes?
Readers: When reading a series, are you often disappointed by the second book? Please share.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment