Wednesday, September 14, 2011
On My Nightstand - Seeking His Love by Carrie Turansky & GIVEAWAY!
When the group has to move or face closing down, she locates a building that houses an artist cooperative. She gets more than she bargained for when she meets one of its influencial members.
Cam McKenna's work consumes him. He can forget about the past and live in the moment. Women and children don't fit into his life.
When two wounded people meet, sparks fly. Will the fire warm them or consume them?
Author Carrie Turansky writes a sweet love story with enough surprises to hold the reader's attention. I liked how she developed her characters and chose a real-life setting.
At 214 pages, it's a quick, satisfying read for a chilly evening. I enjoyed it and hope you will too.
Disclaimer: I picked this book up from the Freebie tables at the Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference. I have not received any remuneration from the publisher or author. The opinions expressed are my own.
It's been awhile since I did a giveaway. Here are the rules:
1) You must be a Follower to enter.
2) This one will be a FLASH giveaway. It starts at 12:01 A.M., 9/14/11, and ends 11:59 P.M., 9/15/11.
3) Leave a comment on this post with your email address. Sorry, no email = no entry.
4) The giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and is void where prohibited. Winners take all responsibility for their eligibility.
5) The winner will be announced at the end of the Friday Round-Up Post on 9/16/11 and notified by email.
Writers: Do you think it's harder to write a short novel or novella than a full-length book? Have you ever written the short version? If so, tell us about your experience developing a theme with fewer words.
Readers: What is your preference? A full-length book or a shorter novel you can read in a day or two? Tell us why.