1. Elva Cobb Martin posts at Seriously Write on the subject, "Never Give Up." After 26 rejections, she put her manuscript in the attic for 20 years. Check out how this story ends.
2. Jim Dempsey, at Writer Unboxed, talks about character goals and what drives them. It all boils down to their values, and what's most important in their lives.
3. WND reports on a lawsuit filed by a
preacher, who was ejected
from a city park for sharing a pro-life message. Portland,
4. Tammy Karasek posts a devotional at The Write Conversation about Writers as Harvesters of Righteousness. The truths expressed can benefit both writers and readers. I hope you'll take a couple of minutes to read her words of wisdom.
5. I've grown herbs both indoors and outdoors. Like other gardeners, I've had my share of failures. I came across an article at Plant Care Today about "10 Herb Gardening Mistakes," and thought I'd pass it on to you.
Writers: What values drive your character's goals? Please share.
Readers: Current events impact our lives not only as writers, but also as readers. When attacks on freedom of speech and religion occur, we can sit back and allow them to succeed. I much prefer this preacher's approach. What is your opinion?
Photo Credit: John Nyberg