1. Piper Bayard guest posts at Writers in the Storm. She explores the layers of conflict in your story. We all know that without tension, a story falls flat. If you want some ideas on how to incorporate this element into your manuscript, this is an excellent place to start.
2. Sara Goff guest posts at Everyone's Story. I love this quote: "You might be surprised to discover that while pursuing your own goals, you are also being a role model to others. Hang in there!" You never know how your example of perseverance is encouraging others whether you're a writer or involved in some other endeavor.
3. Are you a late bloomer? I am. Susan Panzica, at Eternity Cafe, shares her inspirational story.
4. While Christianity and the Bible have been kicked out of public schools, guess what religion is being promoted instead? WND reports on the indoctrination of our children.
5. Editing - a word that makes my nose wrinkle and a shiver go down my spine. A lot of writers say it's their favorite part of writing. Jean Fischer takes the mystique out of one form of editing: the Content Edit. Half the battle is knowing what to look for and how to make the necessary corrections. Thanks, Jean!
Writers and Readers: Who was your most influential role model? Please share.
Photo Credit: Sigurd Decroos