When I approached some agents/editors with The Moses Conspiracy, they couldn't fathom a United States in such a dire condition. All kinds of arguments were put forth:
1. The people would never stand for their rights being taken away.
2. Many organizations worked to protect our freedoms.
3. Our Constitution and the Bill of Rights protect us from power grabs.
Hmm. These comments and others came over a period of five years. Less than 10 years later, we've seen dramatic changes in this country. Here are a few items out of thousands to consider:
1. At a recent doctor visit, he did not give me a written prescription. He said new rules were being put in place that everything had to be done electronically. His comment: "Big Brother wants to know what kind of medicines you're taking."
2. A news story came out in February that Samsung was warning voice recognition users that its software would capture all conversation and be stored. Don't have a private conversation in front of your TV or other device if it's activated.
Many are comparing this to George Orwell's 1984. Soon you won't be able to have a private conversation anywhere.
3. Presidents are increasingly using Executive Orders to circumvent the legislative process. Congress is the only branch of government allowed to pass laws. This disturbing trend threatens our freedoms because it allows the Executive Branch to overrule the will of the people.
It's not about politics or religion. It's about freedom - pure and simple - and affects everyone in this country.
Photo Credit: Smicko