At the beginning of each year, Christians like to seek the Lord for direction. In 2013, my words were, "hold steady." How I've needed those words! Many wonderful experiences awaited me: an agent, a book contract, release of The Moses Conspiracy and The Scent of Fear, a full-time position, and an introduction to new social media sites.
I've been asking the Lord what words would be appropriate for 2014. In November 2013, I read a blog post by my friend, Maria I. Morgan, an excellent devotional writer. Two words jumped out at me: Move forward.
The first year as a published author is a lot like the first year of marriage. There are many adjustments and "firsts" along the way. Now that I've had two novels published and gone through the craziness of book launches, I'm ready to press on to new challenges.
Some of my writing goals for 2014:
1. Finish the third book in the trilogy and see it published.
2. Sharpen my writing skills.
3. Expand my platform.
Personal goals for 2014:
1. Develop a listening ear for God's direction.
2. Nurture others in their relationship with the Lord.
3. Get a handle on time management and achieve a better balance between family, work, and ministry.
Writers and Readers: What are some of your goals for 2014? Do you have a word or words that define your direction? If so, please share.
Photo Credit: cobrasoft