Monday, September 24, 2012
Blogger friend, Janette Dolores, posted some questions awhile back. I won't tell you how long ago because I'm too embarrassed to admit my tardiness.
Without further delay, here they are:
1. Book or Movie? No contest here! I'm an avid reader.
2. Real book or e-book? In the past I would have said, "real book," with no hesitation. Today, I've become quite attached to my Kindle. With print and e-books, I think I have the best of both worlds.
3. Funniest thing you've done in the last five years? Ha! I just thought of something, but I'm going to save it for a blog post. Thanks for the inspiration.
4. How would your best friend describe you? Loyal.
5. Do you put yourself into the books you read/write or the movies you watch? I take character traits from a number of sources otherwise all of them would sound/act like me. The main character in my first book, Ellie, has my fire for a cause, but she's more talented. Perhaps it's a case of living vicariously through her.
6. Favorite kind of car and why? I love my 2-door Honda, but it's become impractical. The 4-door version would be better suited to my needs.
7. Would your choice of party be a catered meal or barbeque out back? It depends on the purpose of the gathering. For a wedding - catered. For a casual family/friend event, the barbeque is more conducive to conversation.
8. What's your favorite season and why? I'd have to say, "spring," but fall comes in as a close second. The first blooms after a gray winter makes my energy level soar. Fall colors also nourish my soul.
9. Besides writing, what's your favorite thing to do when you get some extra time? This is one of the easiest questions. Packing a lunch, jumping in the car, and going for a long ride tops my list. Stops at antique stores add to the delight.
10. What's one place you can be found at least one time every week? Church! While my daily devotional time feeds me, there's nothing like a 4-course feast on Sunday morning. My pastor is an awesome teacher.
Writers and Readers: Pick any question and give your answer! Did you learn anything new about me?
Posted by Susan J. Reinhardt at 12:30 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Susan .. great questions from Janette - books and movies I couldn't do without - though reading the books would be a good idea! - a goal for the winter. Love good movies - we have an excellent film society here - always select very good non-commercial type films.
Good fun to read .. cheers Hilary
I loved reading your answers. Would love to go antiquing with you,!
Susan, I am an avid reader, too. I usually have two or three books going at the same time. Can't wait to read your tell all blog post :)
I love your answer to number 2! I'm forming an attachment to my nook. :-)
Fun learning more about you! The antique store trips don't surprise me at all. :-)
Good questions! It's fun to hear your answers. :)
As far as an answer to one about me, I still prefer real books but the Kindle is growing on me. But you probably knew that already.
Love Hondas & as much as I want to become a Kindle lover, I'm still in love with the old kind.
These ARE fun, and yes, I learned that you like to go for drives.
The funniest thing I've done lately is tell this silly joke: What did the zero say to the eight? "nice belt." I LOVE that!!!
Very interesting, Susan! Right now, I love, love, love my BMV (Blue Mommy Van). Just love it. My Honda Odyssey has heated leather seats, which I'm especially grateful for with the chilly weather that's begun.
Happy Monday. Happy week!
Besides writing I lOVE LOVE LOVE snuggling my kids. Especially my 5 mo old 'cause he can't squirm off my lap and get away! ;)
Your answers were fun to read. What a treat to get to know you better. As for the new thing I learned about you, I learned you enjoy long drives and antiquing.
After living in large cities for many years and relying on public transportation or my two feet, I'll tell you that I appreciate long and peaceful drives, too. :-) Enjoy long drives in the fall. It's perfect driving weather.
Can't wait to read your blog post on the funniest thing you've done in the past five years!
Smooches to you,
It's nice to see what other people's preferences are! I have to say my favorite car is my brand new Toyota Camry. My hubby bought it for me fully loaded! Love the smell of a new car.
I'm also starting to appreciate my kindle more, but I have to say there is still something about flipping pages. Fun to read your answers.
Although we don't currently own a Honda - I'm a big Honda fan as well. We've owned them in the past, and in fact, my brother-in-law works for Honda! Enjoyed reading your answers, Susan! :)
Hi Hilary - I always have a book and/or my Kindle with me. Reading makes workouts at the gym and sitting in waiting rooms go fast.
Hi Terri - Ooo, I love that idea!
Hi Linda - I already wrote the post. It's about my plumbing adventures.
Hi Jess - Yeah, I guess I've said I like antique stores before. :)
Hi Karen - I knew, but now everyone else does too.
Hi Wendy - I discovered it's not an either/or decision. I still love curling up with a print book. :)
Hi Jen - Thanks for giving me a good laugh this AM! You brightened my day.
Hi Rhonda - I'm sure it fits your life. My friend has a Honda Odyssey and loves it. (And I love riding in it when I visit her!)
Hi Jaime - Yeah, once they get mobile, it's tough to corral 'em. One of the little guys at church always reached for me. Now, I have to chase him down to get a hug.
Hi Janette - Thanks for the questions. I'm also originally from a big city, but now live in small town America. Love it!
Hi Jan - Camry's are a great car, and they stay on the road a long time. My Honda is a 2000.
Hi Melanie - I'm terrible with techy stuff, so I didn't know how I'd manage with the Kindle. I was surprised at how easy it is to use.
Hi Maria - Woohoo! Can he get you a discount?
My favorite season is spring. If there's one thing I love, it's that first mild, balmy day that causes me to get a little crazy. It's worth the whole winter for that one glorious few moments.
I'm a converted e-reader too, Susan. :) I still enjoy a paper book, but my preference is quickly becoming electronic--just because of the convenience and lack of storage space it takes up.
Hi Nancy - Ah, a kindred spirit! The thought of spring keeps me going through a long winter.
Hi Sarah - Yes, the convenience is a big factor for me as well.
I can't wait to hear about the funny moment! Don't keep us waiting too long ;)
Like you, I love antiquing. Junk shops, thrift shops, or OP shops as they're called in Australia. I love them all... and my car knows to stop when there's a few minutes up my sleeve. xx
Love this kind of posts Susan, it'like taking a sneak peek at your life :)
Hi Dotti - I wrote the post, and it will run within the next few weeks. After I wrote it, I didn't know whether it was funny or pathetic!
Hi Marja - I'm glad you enjoyed it. These type of posts are great for getting to know each other. :)
Post a Comment