Monday, September 10, 2012
Counting The Cost
When a young person decides to pursue a career in medicine, there's much to consider. How will this endeavor be financed? Do they have the self-discipline necessary to finish the course? Do they know what's involved or have they romanticized their dreams?
We've talked about dreams before, but are we willing to pay the price? We hear about the sacrifices people make to reach their goals.
Are we willing to:
1) Learn the mechanics of writing?
2) Invest the time and money necessary?
3) Have the determination and grit to push past discouragement and setbacks?
4) Endure the comments of those who don't understand our calling?
5) Discern when to make changes and when to stand our ground?
Writers: What crisis moments have you been through to reach your present writing level?
Readers: What areas of your life have tested your commitments?
Photo credit: onetwo