Tyrean's Writing Spot, surprised and delighted me with The Versatile Blogger Award. I hope you'll pop over to her blog and say, "hi."
I'm supposed to give this award to 15 bloggers and then share 7 things about myself. Giving the award to others is the easy part. I'm not so sure about the interesting facts. :)
This list is by no means complete. Even though I can give the award to so many, there are many other bloggers, who exemplify versatility and provide fun and informative posts. No pressure - if you can't join in due to time constraints, don't feel like you must.
1. Karen Lange, at Write Now
2. Jeanette Levellie, at On Wings of Mirth and Worth
3. Susan Panzica, at Eternity Cafe
4. Nancy, at Boomers and Saints
5. Wendy Paine Miller, at Thoughts That Move
6. Jean Fischer, at In The Compost Pile
7. Jill Kemerer
8. Marja Meijers, at Fresh Insights On Ancient Truths
9. Terri Tiffany, at Terri Tiffany, Inspirational Writer
10. Dena Netherton, at God n Me
11. Jessica Nelson, at BookingIt
12. Diane Estrella, at That's What I'm Here For
13. Loree Huebner, at Between You, Me, and the Gatepost
14. Rhonda, at The Natives Are Getting Restless
15. Sarah Forgrave
Congrats to all of you! You've given me many hours of reading pleasure.
Now, I suppose I have to write something about yours truly. Here goes:
1. I've gone from Kindle basher to Kindle fan since Christmas. The convenience of having books with me minus the bulk is freeing. Also, I don't need to hold it in my hands while at the gym. Yes, I'm a happy reader. It doesn't replace real books, but both formats have their place.
2. I'm not big on following fashion fads. (Now, there's an annoying alliteration.) As a child, I mourned when I outgrew a favorite outfit. I like classic pieces that I can wear for years. By the time I catch up with trends, they're usually out of style anyway.
3. Confession time: I love to shop. Maybe it's because of all the times my mother, grandmother, and I would go out together. The memories still make me all warm and fuzzy. I don't have to buy anything to enjoy the experience. Antique stores and malls are a prime example. They're like museums, and a great research source.
4. Spring is my favorite season. I love the flowering trees with their profusion of pink and white blooms. Sweater weather - not too hot, not too cold - energizes me.
5. While I'm not a hoarder, I am a collector. Books, dolls, thimbles, and Noah's Ark trinkets are my primary interests. Glassware also makes my heart beat a little faster, but I don't have room to collect it.
6. Unlike most writers, I'm not an introvert. As a young person, I was shy and not what you would call, "popular." Thankfully, I outgrew the shyness. One of the reasons blogging makes me happy is the connection with so many fabulous people.
7. Cookies without milk rates as an incomplete. I come from a long line of dunkers. Some of my earliest memories involve watching my mother and grandmothers dip cookies and cake into coffee, tea, or milk. I even developed my own system, so there would be no interruption between cookie consumption.
Okay, I survived that exercise. Did anything on my list surprise you?