Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Many thoughts run through my head at this moment. Perhaps I can catch them like an elusive firefly. Instead of forming neat sentences, I decided a list would best suit my purposes.
1. We talk about Thanksgiving, but do we remember Who we are thanking? Like Christmas with Christ x'd out, I've heard it referred to as, "Turkey Day." I will give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; his love endures forever. (Psalm 107:1)
2. I'm thankful I can write these words, a freedom people in some countries do not possess.
3. My heart swells with gratitude when I think of what it cost God to reconcile with me. Such love makes thanksgiving flow from my lips each day.
4. When I sit down with my family to share a meal or I reach out to hug one of them, I'm overwhelmed by the blessings He's given me.
5. I'm awed by the way believers have stood by me in times of great distress, discouragement, and sorrow. We are family.
What are you thanking God for this Thanksgiving?