Monday, October 17, 2011
Keep Your Creativity Well Oiled
When I purchased my first car, a family member emphasized the importance of changing the oil at regular intervals. This exercise would keep the parts from wearing out or freezing up. The advice stuck with me, and I've always maintained my vehicles.
How do we keep our creativity flowing and in good condition? Here are a few suggestions:
1) Write! Don't allow your skills to get rusty from neglect.
2) Read! An active mind will fuel new ideas.
3) Insights! Ask the Lord to give you illumination as you read His Word and quality books.
4) Time! Give yourself time to acquire the mechanics of writing.
5) Encourage yourself! I love the Psalms. David prayed, worshipped, sang, and kept God's Word in the forefront of his mind. He persisted, trusted, and believed in God's promises.
How do you maintain your creativity and keep it running like a well-oiled machine?