1. This year, I went into blog improvement mode. Author interviews now share space with book recommendations on Wednesdays. I'm following more blogs to bring you the best links, and improved the pictures accompanying blog posts. Christian Writer/Reader Connection celebrated its first blogoversary with a huge online party, complete with book drawings and special author interviews.
2. I took the plunge, wrote a short fiction story, and submitted it to a national periodical. While it garnered a rejection, I got some terrific feedback from the editor.
3. Two devotionals were published, while a third is scheduled to run the beginning of 2010.
4. Book 1 went through a partial edit.
5. Much to everyone's surprise (including mine), Book 2 was written in a 9-week timeframe.
6. Thanks to my friend, Miriam, Facebook captured my attention. What a joy to meet so many authors and pre-published writers! I also reconnected with old friends and family.
7. Currently, I'm writing blog posts as fast as I can type and mulling over Book 3 in my mind.
Did I accomplish all of my goals? Well, I didn't set up a website. An agent? Uh, not yet. All in all, I learned a lot and made progress.
How about you? Did you meet your 2009 New Year's Writing Resolutions?