Monday, August 20, 2012
Is Anyone NOT Writing a Book?
Whether it's Christian TV or regular TV, all the guests seem to be promoting a book. From How to Lose 40 Pounds in a Week to 10 Steps to a Deeper Walk With God (both titles I made up), it's like one long-running infomercial.
Are people writing because of:
1) A bad economy?
2) A me-to, let me jump on the bandwagon mentality?
3) Easy access to training via Websites/Blogs?
4) A desire to leave a legacy?
5) A passion for a cause?
6) They feel called of God to write on a particular subject?
7) A combination of the above or something else?
Writers: Why do you write? We're fond of talking about inciting moments in fiction. What was your inciting incident that catapulted you into the writing arena?
Readers: Do you get overwhelmed with the number of books out there? How do you decide what books you'll read and what books you'll pass on?
I'm choosey about what I read. I want material that's wholesome, has a Christian worldview, and a great story.