Monday, July 9, 2012
Author Interview & Giveaway - Paula Rose Michelson - Part 2
Today, we continue with Part 2 of our interview with Paula Rose Michelson, author of Casa de Naomi: The House of Blessing. The giveaway details are below.
4) Please give our readers a short summary of Casa de Naomi: the House of Blessing.
Fifteen-year-old Naomi wants to practice her faith in public, find her uncle, and help him raise money to bring their family to America. She signs on as a companion to a blind woman, whose family plans to tour Europe and settle in the United States. Her plans are thwarted when the woman dies aboard ship, and Naomi is handed over to Immigration.
While waiting for her interview, an old Tia (auntie) comes to her rescue and offers to take her in. With nowhere to go and no one to turn to, Naomi accepts the arrangement and unwittingly enters the country illegally.
The book trailer can be viewed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5uckLDfMaM
5) When does Book 2 release, and how can we get it? What other projects are on the horizon?
Book 2 will release in the spring of 2013. However, I hope to have the pre-release copies by December 2012. You can order your inscribed copies at my website.
6) Finally, do you have any advice for those who view their writing as a calling from God?
This is a very important question and one I do not take lightly. As your readers have probably surmised by now, writing with the idea of being published, especially with my spelling and punctuation issues, was the last thing I would have wanted to do.
I'll ask your readers: "How do you know that God has called you? What has He asked you to write about and why?
I know these questions might sound odd. Yet after speaking with numerous people, I'm surprised many haven't a clue as to why or how God can use them. I've heard their frustration over harsh critiques and rejection letters.
Since I believe most who struggle with their calling have not asked these questions, let me share these are the questions God answered for me. His answers motivated and encouraged me so much that I began sharing my journey with my friends. Before I ever had a publisher, I was receiving calls from people I had never met that wanted to know if I'd like to hear their stories. Before the novel was published, 40 books had been sold.
1. To be eligible, you must be a resident of the U.S. and a Follower of Christian Writer/Reader Connection.
2. Leave a comment on this post with your email address.
3. Deadline: Saturday, 7/14/12, at midnight. The winner will be drawn on Sunday 7/15/12 and announced on the blog. They will also be notified via email. Once I have your snail mail address, I'll forward it to Paula. She will send you her book.
Disclaimer: I did not receive any remuneration from either the publisher or the author to do this interview.
Writers: Do you feel God called you to write? Please share.
Readers: What was your favorite part of this interview?