When visiting an Amish community, I came across a plaque that said: The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. Like most writers, time management is a constant issue.
Many people dream of hitting the lottery. Not me. I dream about making enough to hire a full-time assistant. I even have a job description ready if that day should ever come:
1. Organize my office and files. This item alone should keep the person busy for a year or so.
2. Update my telephone/address book. Instead of digging through several folders with scraps of paper, I could have the information at my fingertips.
3. The assistant must be a genius at formatting manuscripts. I'm not, and it's a constant struggle.
4. Research savvy. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone pull together all the little facts and figures I need for my latest WIP? Now that would be a serious time saver.
5. If the assistant also functioned as a prayer warrior, a supplier of encouraging words, a brainstorm specialist, and a baker of chocolate chip cookies, I wouldn't mind a bit.
Feel free to chime in! What time-saving jobs would your ideal assistant perform? Let's have some fun with this. :)