My friend, Jen, over at Audience of One
, gave me the Superior Scribbler award. Thanks, Jen, for your kind words. I'm grateful the Lord brought two kindred spirits together.
Now, I'm supposed to tell you five interesting things about me that you may not know. Here goes:
1. The "J" in my name stands for, "Joyce." I almost became Joyce Ann, but the lady in the next bed gave her baby that name. Mom didn't want to be a copycat, so I became Susan Joyce.
2. I can't even look at Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. During Beloved's hospital stays and doctor appointments, I brought PBJ's with me because they were fast, cheap, and portable. Every time I see one, it reminds me of those rough times.
3. The first time I attended a writers conference, an editor asked me to do a devotional. I've been writing them ever since.
4. It's a good thing I don't have cable TV. I'm a huge Home and Garden TV (HGTV) fan. Antiquing, home decorating, crafts, gardening are all favorite pastimes. I'd be tempted to spend too much time watching that channel.
5. While I enjoy reading historicals in the Regency period, Jane Austen makes me gag. Please do not write me nasty letters.
Okay, now I get to pass this award along to five bloggers.
1. Christina Berry, at Posting With Purpose, shares her life and her writing journey. We've "known" each other for a couple of years. Her generous heart and steadfast friendship mean so much to me.
2. Rita Gerlach, InSpire, shares the behind-the-scenes stuff we all want to know about. I'm thankful for her support of Christian writers, me in particular. :)
3. Terri Tiffany, not only writes stories that leave an imprint on the heart, but also blog posts. Transparent and warm, she makes you feel like you've dropped in for a friendly chat.
4. Karen Lange, at Write Now, always has a thought-provoking post, a book review, or a bit of wisdom for writers. I've turned to her many times for advice, and I'm proud to call her, "friend."
5. Jaime at, The Jaime Reports, makes me laugh with her quirky humor and wonderful graphics. Keep doling out that medicine, Jaime. You keep the rest of us from getting too serious for our own good.
There were at least a dozen others, who deserve this award. Check out my blogroll, and you'll find them. :)