1. Zoe M. McCarthy gives 7 Tips to Generate Blog Posts. If you've been blogging for a while, you know how challenging it can become.
2. Jerry Jenkins delivers a first-class article on Why Backstory Is Better Than Flashback. Far from an information dump, this backstory sets the reader up for a great payoff down the road. I've got to try some of these techniques.
3. The state of Massachusetts recently tried to redefine places of worship as "places of public accommodation." This gave them the right to dictate what was said and done within churches. See how the Alliance Defense Fund challenged the state and won.
4. Marja Meijers' post, "Give Me A Q," made me think.
5. Donna, at The Enchanted Cottage, highlights her daughter's new coloring book, "Bedrooms." For all of you enthralled with coloring, I thought this might be an unusual change from flowers and animals. There are some neat pictures. It almost makes me want to take up the hobby. If only I had the time!
Writers: Flashbacks are frowned upon these days. How do you handle events that shaped your characters' outlook on life?
Readers: Do you enjoy coloring books? If so, what are your favorite subjects?
Photo Credit: Dan Colcer