Friday, July 15, 2016
Picture Books/Characters/Acquitted/Close to Home/Book Decor
1. People think writing for kids is easy. Once you read 6 Essentials in Writing Picture Books, you'll have a different perspective. Joanne Sher guest posts at Zoe M. McCarthy's blog.
2. Kathleen McCleary, at Writer Unboxed, talks about developing characters organically. She attended her 35th college reunion and asked questions. They always brought responses that were the beginnings of a story - loss, success, etc. Some of her methods appeal to my Seat-of-the-Pants writing style. Check it out.
3. ChristianHeadlines.com reports that David Daleiden was acquitted of trying to sell baby body parts. The investigative reporter, whose videos sparked an outcry against Planned Parenthood, became the target of their supporters. Get the details here.
4. Author, Blogger, and Facebook friend, Wendy Paine Miller, reflects on tragedy no longer seeming far away.
5. When I came across the blog, Thrifty Style at 67, I parked there for quite a long time. This post on book decor begged entrance to a Friday Potpourri post. Enjoy!
Writers: How do you create your characters? Do you do character charts or allow them to reveal their lives to you naturally? Please share.
Readers: What did you think of the book decor blog post? Do you use books as part of your decor? Please share.