1. Nadine Keels talks about Book Presumption. As an author and reader, I could see where a particular title, cover, blurb could make me wrinkle my nose and pass.
2. Are you having a hard time finding the right graphic for your blog posts? Why not take your own? Edie Melson, at The Write Conversation, gives tips on how to build a library of photos. I put this one in my favorites.
3. Zoe M. McCarthy gives 18 Speaking Tips to Rivet Your Audience. Whether you're an author/speaker, teacher, or trainer, you'll find something useful in this post.
4. Many of us grew up reading the Little House books and watching the TV program. Mary, the oldest Ingalls girl, went blind, supposedly from Scarlet Fever. A researcher has studied the subject and came to the conclusion that was not the real reason. Check out the article here.
5. Writers and readers are always looking for ways to save time, so they can get in more writing and reading, of course. Check out this post from The Happier Homemaker. She tells you how to clean your entire house in one hour.
Writers: Do you take photos for your blog? What kind of camera works best for you?
Readers: Did you read the Little House books as a child? What did you think of the article on how Mary went blind?
Photo Credit: Andrey Volodov