Christmas preparations are in full swing. This year, I got a late start due to some major life events - Mom needing extra care, purchasing a car, a family wedding, and plumbing woes for starters. Some of the lessons I learned this year include:
1. Get.It.Done.Now. While I'm not usually a major procrastinator, this year I wasn't as disciplined and paid for it. Now, I'm playing catch up.
2. I learned I need some space to refresh and re-group. I said "no" to several projects, and it paid off big time when life hit.
3. Making random notes of interesting facts, comments, ideas, and news bits gave me material for blog posts and scenes in my latest book.
4. Buy Christmas/holiday gifts throughout the year. I wish I'd done more of this. I wouldn't be fighting the crowds and traffic now.
5. I could have carved out more writing time if I'd developed a better schedule. Social Media will be restricted to specific time periods. I love Facebook, but it nearly ate me alive this year.
Writers and Readers: What changes are you making to your schedule in the New Year?
Photo Credit: parylo00