Once I signed up for email notifications on several blogs, I never looked at my Blogger reader again. Here are some of the benefits:
1. Time Saver - This is HUGE! I no longer have to think about what blogs I want to visit. The latest posts are right there in my email with the subject drawing me into the content.
2. Reminder - With so much great information available, I can keep the important stuff at my fingertips. I don't have to Google it or research a subject multiple times.
3. Industry Updates - I can stay on top of publishing news/tips with Edie Melson, Jeff Goins, the Positive Writer, Blogging Bistro, and so many others.
4. Staying Connected - With all the social media out there, this is the way I stay connected to the blogosphere. I don't have to guess when a new post will appear. It's delivered to me personally.
5. Keeping in Touch with Old Friends and Making New Ones - It's easy to drift around the Net without much direction. Subscribing to blogs helps fine tune my focus.
Writers and Readers: What's your opinion on subscribing to blogs? Yay or nay? Please give your reasons.
Photo Credit: Pulpdtp