We recently said goodbye to the first quarter of 2014. I'm not sorry to see it become history. Yet, as I traveled a difficult path, God provided every need down to the smallest detail.
So, instead of bemoaning negative events, this post is about a heart of gratitude.
- I'm grateful that my Mom's recovery from a broken hip has exceeded the doctors' expectations. She didn't need a hip replacement and eventually won't need a walker.
- I'm grateful for the prayers of family and friends that carried us through the ordeal.
- I'm grateful for the answers to prayer:
The major snowstorm taking a detour.
The rides from a friend and my stepson to the hospital, so I wouldn't have to move my car and lose my parking space. I live on a snow emergency route, and parking is a nightmare when a storm is expected.
The timing and smooth transitions from hospital to home.
- I'm grateful for the strength to be there for my Mom.
- I'm grateful for the financial provision to pay for pricey heating oil.
- I'm grateful for a publisher that stood by me and encouraged me to "put family first."
- Most of all, I'm grateful for the peace of God that brought rest and comfort to my heart.
Writers and Readers: What are you thankful for today?
Photo Credit: Everywhere