My friend, Karen Lange, and I were discussing the need for a blogging break via email. She used a phrase something like, "blog burnout spa." Well, my brain did a flip and tossed out some interesting ideas of what amenities that spa might offer.
1. Chocolate. Writing or not, this is a necessity.
2. By day, I'd walk through an indoor tropical paradise. Birds and butterflies would swoop and hover among the orchids, waterlilies, ponds, and palm trees.
3. At night, a cozy fire and couch would give me a place to read my Bible, journal, and talk with the Lord.
4. A princess-and-the-pea canopy bed would await me, piled high with pillows and luxurious linens. Of course, they'd be various shades of purple.
5. No spa getaway would be complete without the company of good friends. Tea, delicate confections, and laughter would erase the tensions of daily life.
Items to be checked at the door:
2. Cell Phones
5. Manuscripts and red pens
I'll be taking a break for the Thanksgiving Weekend. See you on Monday, 10/26/12.
What's your idea of a blog burnout spa?