The year 2020 made this a rather tongue-in-cheek statement. Yet, even with the bizarre situation going on with COVID-19, it's been a great summer for me and Sweetie Mom.
My job (not first responder) was considered essential, so I worked through the lockdown months. We all breathed a sigh of relief as restrictions lightened. Surprise, surprise, on June 30, I was informed my position was eliminated.
Talk about bad timing. Here I was in the midst of purchasing a home where both Sweetie Mom and I could live (no stairs!), and my job went, "Poof!" A trip to see my pastor's wife/realtor immediately after the job loss proved a wise decision. Bottom line, I was still able to proceed with the purchase. God took everything the enemy of our souls meant for evil and turned it around for my good.
Rather than write a small book, here are some of the highlights:
1. My old house sold in one week!
2. Friends rallied around me, helping with the packing and the big move. All my boxes were unpacked in record time.
3. My furniture fit in the new house even though I downsized.
4. Two settlements in one day challenged all involved, but everything worked out.
5. We're now preparing to move Sweetie Mom into the new house. Again, the Lord has provided the help and grace we've needed to go forward.
To God by the glory! Great things He has done.
In the joy of the Lord,