Monday, November 28, 2011
Do You Really Want to Know?
Thanks to Susan Panzica, at Eternity Cafe, for the, "Tell Me About Yourself Award." I hope you'll pop over to see her and say, "Hi."
Here are the rules. I need to share 7 things about me, and then pass the award along to 5 other bloggers, who will do the same. No pressure! If you're swamped, we understand. :)
The challenge (courtesy of my buddy, Jen Levellie, at Audience of One) is to share the "messy" and not just the "cutesy" tidbits.
1. I love to shop. Seriously. Since I also have a super-responsible streak, hunting for bargains scratches that itch.
2. Up until my twenties, I was a nail biter. Twice I underwent minor surgery to drain an infection from one of my fingers. I'm happy to report, I've overcome in this area.
3. The kitchen is not my natural habitat. Since my husband now resides in heaven (where I'm sure they must have many fine chefs), I can avoid cooking as much as my little heart desires.
4. Waiting for people is a major test of my patience, especially if I don't know why they're late. I'm always early. If something delays me, I call and let the other person know what happened.
5. I get overwhelmed if too much is dumped on me at once. Such an occurrence requires much prayer, list making, and prioritizing.
6. Driving in an unfamiliar area makes me tense. If I have to go somewhere new, I'll sometimes do a "dry run." When I was interviewing for jobs, this reduced the stress on the day of my meeting.
7. Routine is my friend. I get out of sorts when my schedule goes out the window. Flexibility. I must learn flexibility.
I'm passing this award on to:
Jessica Nelson, of Booking It
Lynn J. Simpson, at Connecting Stories
Nancy, at Boomers, Scribblers, and Saints
Check out these blogs and get to know their authors. :)