Monday, July 4, 2011
Of Purses, Plots, and Prioritizing - Part III
Along with the blessing of a new job comes a shift in priorities. To fit this rock into my time jar, I've had to empty it and sort them all out. My devotional time, family, church, writing, sleep, and the job constitute the biggest demands on my daily allotment of 24 hours.
How do I fit all the smaller stones, pebbles, and sand into my already packed jar? What stays and what gets set aside?
Here's the breakdown of my smaller items and my decisions:
1) My house. I find that the clean-as-I-go method helps keep things under control. My shower gets wiped down every day. A quick dusting as I go through a room works wonders. Then, there are the rough days when I get behind. When that occurs, it's time for serious cleaning.
2) Surveys. I've virtually cut them out of my life except for one company that I particularly enjoy.
3) Swagbucks. My time is now divided in short segments for this activity. On certain days, I allow myself a bit more time, especially when I'm preparing for a food shopping trip.
4) Couponing. Okay, let's not get crazy. A girl has to get her bargains. Still, I've streamlined the process and cut down on the number of coupon blogs I visit. I focus on the ones that provide the best information for my local area.
5) Blogging. Ouch! Cutting back on blogging means major pain. Visiting all my friends and followers brings joy and inspiration to my day. You may have noticed I don't catch every post you publish each week. Unless I eliminate sleep, it's impossible. I haven't forgotten you and will do my best to stop by your place and comment as much as I can.
As far as my own posting, I'm so grateful for the scheduling feature. I've been able to stay current because I write my bits ahead of time. The Friday Round-Up is shorter with only one link. You're busy too, so maybe one link is enough. For now, I'll stick with my Monday, Wednesday, and Friday routine and see how it works out.
Thanks for your patience as I work through my personal time crunch. I appreciate all my writing/reading friends. Do you have any time management suggestions or experiences you'd like to share?